Friday 20 April 2018

SuperHero

Remember how Superhero stories go...

Hero is a normal person living his daily routine life. He faces the same kinda problems in school, at work and in relationships. In between this, suddenly the world demands his help. He unmasks himself to get into the disguise of his reality. At the end of the day, the day is saved by the Superhero.

I was on school trip with my pupils. On the second day, I wore a T-shirt which had the Superman logo on it and I put on a sweater to protect myself from the heat and mosquitoes. We were on a normal bus ride and then walking through the village. Halfway, one of my pupils fell really ill with a temperature of 40 degrees. She was refusing to take her medicine. Now, that's the only remedy we had to rescue the situation until we reached hometown. Long story short, I got the girl to take her medicine.

Every traveller has a distance lesson covered. My lesson here was this:

Why I wanted to be a teacher? Now that I am able to verbalize my mind and its way of thinking.

A strong urge to give something back to the society and to be a great leader. These innate quality had brought my vision to life. Growing up, I had many teachers inspiring me. It registered in my long-term memory that the way to lead and impact on a person's life is to enter their life as a teacher. Being an education officer is limited to the school community. But being a Teacher is superior to every other occupation. It's a Superhero thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment